What is a Daily Nanny?
A full time or daily nanny will look after your children in your home either while you are at work or alongside you, depending on whether it is a sole charge or shared care role. Most full time daily nanny roles are sole charge while parents work away from the home.
What are Daily Nanny Duties?
Duties include the organisation of the children’s belongings, preparing and feeding nutritious meals, organising playdates and going on outings, facilitating play activities and age-appropriate education.
The nanny is not expected to do housework, chores or cook family meals unless this is agreed before the position is accepted.
Typical Nanny Duties Include
- Being responsible for physical care and safety of children
- Supporting emotional wellbeing and development
- Providing a loving and nurturing environment
- Engaging in age-appropriate activities and games
- Arranging playdates with other children and supporting social development
- Supporting learning and intellectual development
- Organising outdoor activities and trips to parks and playgrounds
- Playgroup, nursery or school drop off/pick up
- Preparing and cooking healthy meals
- Keeping toys and play areas clean and tidy
- Cleaning and laundering children’s clothes
- Keeping the kitchen and any other rooms they have been using clean and tidy
- Communicating regularly with parents about all aspects of care and development of the children
What are typical Daily Nanny working hours?
Full time (daily) nannies normally work 10-12 hour days, Mon-Fri. Most roles are between the hours of 8am and 7pm with the earliest start being 7.45am.
What is a typical Full Time Nanny Salary?
Nanny salaries can vary considerably depending on the duties involved in the role, the number and ages of children and the calibre of candidate.
Salaries below are net of tax and national insurance and it is the employer’s responsibility and obligation to pay all relevant tax. We offer guidance with this alongside a specialist Nanny Tax Payroll Agency.
Live-out: £550 – £720 per week based on a 10-12 hour day Monday-Friday
Live-out Mother’s Help: £500 per week based on a 10 hour day Monday-Friday
Part Time: £12 – £15 per hour net
How do you screen your Full Time Nannies?
All our Daily Nannies are fully screened using our 6 Step Vetting Process. The candidates we carefully select to join our books have to demonstrate a real passion for child well-being, health and development in order to be placed with families through us.
Many of our daily nannies hold childcare related qualifications including:
Early Childhood Studies Degree’s,
Level 3 Diploma’s
Childcare and Education NVQs
Montessori Teacher Training
Play Therapy Certificates and much more!
All our nannies have worked professionally with children and we make sure previous experience is matched with the ages of your children
If you would like further information about full-time nannies please call us on 020 7177 2249 or submit your childcare inquiry by filling in our Registration Form.