Hiring a part time nanny
Hiring a part time nanny is a great option if you require flexible childcare. We pride ourselves in carefully selecting nannies who are experienced, qualified and genuinely love spending time with children.
Our part time nannies can offer childcare for a few hours a week to 30hrs depending on your requirements.
What is a part time nanny?
A part time nanny offers in-home childcare and can fit around nursery or school hours or just be some additional help during the week.
They can work part of the day or up to 4 full days in the week.
Snuggles Childcare part time nannies can work with all ages, from newborn to school-age and will have the relevant experience for your child’s age group.
Many part time nannies have a second job, business or are studying part time on their days off. This often means that the nanny has additional, transferable skills from another job or particular area of study.
What are part time nanny duties?
Duties differ from family to family, but usual core duties include:
- Being responsible for physical care and safety of children
- Supporting emotional wellbeing and development
- Supporting learning and intellectual development
- Engaging in age-appropriate activities and games
- Arranging playdates with other children and supporting social development
- Organising outdoor activities and trips to parks and playgrounds
- Playgroup, nursery or school drop off/pick up
- Preparing and cooking healthy meals
- Keeping toys and play areas clean and tidy
- Cleaning and laundering children’s clothes bed linen
- Keeping the kitchen and any other rooms they have been using clean and tidy
- Communicating regularly with parents about all aspects of care and development of the children
- Being discrete and respecting the family’s privacy
What are part time nanny rates?
A typical part nanny salary in London is £10 – 15 net per hour depending on the nanny’s working hours, skills, previous experience and duties.
It is a legal requirement for the employer to put payroll and insurance in place. We offer contract templates upon job offer at no extra cost and can guide you through the employment process. We also work with the UK’s leading nanny payroll provider, who can manage all payroll, pension and tax matters for you.
If you would like to see our placement fees please click here
How do we screen our part time nannies?
All our nannies are fully screened using our 6 Step Vetting Process. We also make sure that the candidates we select for our books have a genuine passion for working with young children and hold outstanding references from previous employers.
We ensure that our nannies have professional experience with your children’s age group. We take the time to source candidates that meet your particular family needs, making sure that we provide a long-lasting and happy match.
Our vetting includes:
- Interviews in Person
- Enhanced DBS checks
- Pediatric First Aid certificates
- Reference checks
- ID verification
- Qualification verification
What qualifications do part time nannies hold?
All our nannies have worked professionally with children and we make sure their previous experience is matched with the ages of your children.
Many of our part time nannies hold childcare related qualifications including:
- Early Childhood Studies Degree’s
- Nursing Degree’s
- Teacher Training Degree’s
- Level 3 Childcare Diploma’s
- Childcare and Education NVQs
- Montessori Teacher Training
- Play Therapy Certificates and much more!